We organize CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) courses, which take place every Saturday & Sunday in London
To become a lorry, bus or coach driver you need to:
- have a full car licence
- be over 18 - but there are some exceptions
- get a professional driving qualification called the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
Who needs the full Driver CPC
You must have the full Driver CPC if you drive a lorry, bus or coach as the main part of your job.
You usually need to pass 4 tests to get it, unless you have Ďacquired rightsí because of your existing driving experience.
How to get and keep the full Driver CPC
- Apply for a provisional lorry or bus licence.
- Pass the 4 tests that make up Driver CPC to qualify.
- Take 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to stay qualified.
You need to renew your bus or lorry licence every 5 years when you reach 45 and every year when you reach 65.
If youíre taking an NVT course
If youíre taking an approved National Vocational Training (NVT) course you can drive professionally for up to 12 months without taking the Driver CPC part 2 and part 4 tests.
Who doesnít need the full Driver CPC
You donít need the full Driver CPC if you:
- donít want to drive for a living, for example you want to drive for a hobby or carry passengers or goods non-commercially for personal use
- drive in other certain situations, such as taking your vehicle for a pre-booked annual test (MOT)
More informations can be found @ https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver